The following information was supplied by the Malverne Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
- An Oak Street resident reported on Sept. 18 that he received threatening phone calls on his cellular phone. The Aggravated Harassment is being investigated by the Malverne Police Department.
- A Weber Avenue resident reported a burglary of his residence on Sept. 19. The suspect gained entry through an unlocked door and removed an LG laptop computer and an iPhone 4 from the basement. The Malverne Police Department and Nassau County Fourth Precinct detectives are investigating.
- A West Hempstead resident reported on Sept. 19 that her son’s iPod was stolen from his backpack while he was attending an after school program at Howard T Herber Middle School. The Malverne Police Department is investigating.
- A Morris Avenue West resident reported a larceny on Sept. 20 when four wheels were stolen off his 2012 Nissan Maxima, which was parked in his driveway overnight. The Malverne Police Department and Nassau County Fourth Precinct detectives are investigating.
- After an investigation by Police Officer Ken Padilla with assistance from Police Officer Chris Padula, Officer Padilla was able to identify and apprehend two juveniles on Sept. 14 who were allegedly responsible for causing criminal mischief to the Little League concession stand at Harris Field. The damage to the concession stand's bulletin board had been reported on Sept. 4. Parents of the two youths were notified and have offered to make full restitution to the village for the repair/replacement of the damage.
For questions about this crime report, email Tara.Conry@Patch.com.