It was a whirlwind weekend in West Hempstead and Malverne that included an exciting football match, community festivities and two emergency situations.
Read about these stories and more in our look at the top headlines for Oct. 24.
- Rams Homecoming: West Hempstead's homecoming football game was packed with suspense as the Rams came from behind to defeat Mineola. Check out the story and photos . Look for coverage of Saturday's parade and kids festival later today.
- House Fire: The Lakeview F.D. responded to a kitchen fire inside a home on Woodfield Road Sunday night. See our coverage .
- Car Crash: Malverne firefighters and EMS were called to the scene of a car crash Sunday afternoon after a vehicle slammed into a home. Look for the story and photos this morning.
- Airplane Noise: Noisy air traffic over Malverne, West Hempstead and other parts of Nassau County has been rattling residents and tonight the Town Village Aircraft Safety Noise Abatement Committee (TVASNAC) a coalition that represents several local communities, will hold a meeting at Lawrence High School in Cedarhurst that is open to the public. Residents will have the opportunity to interact with officials from key agencies, including the FAA, Port Authority and TRACON. It will start at 7:30 p.m. Patch wants to know what you think of the noise levels in your neighborhood. Vote in our poll .
- Halloween Contest: Hurry up and enter Patch's Halloween photo contest for a chance to win a trip and meet our celeb judge, Heidi Klum.