Busy week? No worries. Every Sunday, Patch highlights the top six stories of the week so you can catch up on all of the big local news. This week, the top stories are:
- : A man in a wheelchair lost his leg Monday when a truck hit him as he was crossing Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook.
- : A father and his son were inside their N. Lynbrook home when a car came speeding toward them and struck the side of the house. See what factors led to the crash.
- : The results of the 2012 NYS English Language Arts and Math exams are in. See how Malverne students performed. Next week, we'll take a look at how Lynbrook and West Hempstead fared.
- : Sen. Dean Skelos responded to a letter sent to his office by a West Hempstead mom concerned about registered sex offenders living near her daughter's school.
- : Many residents of Malverne and surrounding communities spent last Saturday filling donated backpacks with school supplies for underpriviledged kids in the United States and abroad in memory of the late Jim Callahan, Malverne's Deputy Mayor. Click on the link above to see the video report.
- : Four Lakeview teens competed against hundreds of high school students from across the country this month in the "Olympics of the Mind." See who won gold.
Never miss a big local story. Get Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch news delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.