Here are the top five headlines for Aug. 1.
- Superintendent's Contract: The Malverne school board passed a resolution last month to grant salary raises to the district's top administrators and extend the superintendent's contract. Learn more and here what the board had to say .
- Village Board: The Malverne village board will be holding its monthly business meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall. Look for coverage later this week.
- Crime Report: See what crimes were reported this week in West Hempstead, Lakeview, N. Lynbrook and other parts of Nassau County's Fifth Precinct later today.
- Business Q&A: Love running or want to get into the sport? Check out our interview with the owner oflater this morning.
- New Assistant Principal: Lynbrook High School has a new assistant principal. Learn more about him later today.