Here are the top five headlines for Aug. 7.
- National Night Out: The Nassau County Police is hosting this unique crime and drug prevention event in West Hempstead tonight. Click for details.
- Cinderella: On Friday, familes in Lynbrook enjoyed a performance of Cinderella (Look for photos later today.) and tonight the show comes to Malverne for an outdoor show at Gaddis Park. Click for more information.
- Fire Drill Competitions: Fire drill teams from Malverne, Lakeview, Lynbrook and West Hempstead competed against others from Long Island in two tournments held this weekend. Look for coverage of Friday's NYS Old-Fashioned tournament later today. Check back tomorrow for photos and results of Saturday's Motorized competition.
- Almost Queen: A Queen cover band will be performing an outdoor concert tonight in West Hempstead. Click for details and see what other concerts will be playing in the area the rest of the month.
- New Malverne Restaurant: As Malverne waits for construction to begin on one new restaurant another is being proposed on the other side of the village's business district, but faces challenges regarding parking. Click to learn more and tell us if you think the village should approve the restaurant.