The Town of Hempstead’s Summer Concert Series has a number of dates left for the remainder of August.
Listed below are the free outdoor concerts taking place this summer. All shows begin at 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted, and it is recommended that those planning to attend the concerts bring their own lawn chairs and beach blankets.
- Thursday, Aug. 1 – A little “Fire and Rain” as Walking Man performs a “James Taylor Tribute” at Forest City Park, Wantagh.
- Friday, Aug. 2 – A great mix of Blues and Jazz with The Sly Gerald Band at Hendrickson Avenue Park, Elmont.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 – “We’re Truckin’” with a little “Sugar Magnolia” as Half Step performs a “Grateful Dead Tribute” at Echo Park, West Hempstead.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7 – We’re headed to “Margaritaville” for a “Cheeseburger in Paradise” as Barometer Soup stages a “Jimmy Buffet Tribute” at Averill Boulevard Park, Elmont.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 – The talented singer and musician Marlene Van Planck performs the songs of Gershwin, Porter and Van Heusen at Rock Hall Museum, Lawrence.
- Friday, Aug. 9 – Relive the hit “Rip Van Winkle” and the music of the Devotions at Forest Road Elementary School, Valley Stream.
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 – Emil Stucchio & the Classics entertain with an evening of “Italian Music” at Hewlett Point Park, Bay Park.
- Wednesday, Aug. 14 – A great musical twinbill with The Carman Avenue Band at 6:30 p.m. and 45 RPM at 8:30 p.m. at Speno Park, East Meadow.
- Thursday, Aug. 15 – A little “Crocodile Rock” as Yellow Brick Road plays an “Elton John Tribute” at Seamans Neck Park, Seaford.
- Friday, Aug. 16 – Knappertime has you movin’ and groovin’ with great Rhythm and Blues at Roosevelt Pool, Roosevelt.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 – The Capris sing their hits “Morse Code of Love” and “There’s a Moon Out Tonight” at Rath Park, Franklin Square.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 – “Come Sail Away” with Rockin’ the Paradise in a “Styx Tribute” at East Village Green, Levittown.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 – “Make Me Smile” as Beginnings plays a “Chicago Tribute” at Merrick Road Park, Merrick.
- Friday, Aug. 23 – Listen to Songs in the Attic play “Piano Man” and “The Stranger” during a “Billy Joel Tribute” at Newbridge Road Park, Bellmore.
In the event of inclement weather, residents should contact the cultural arts office at 292-9000, ext. 480 for the latest information, as some parks do have indoor rain locations. Information for all of the summer concerts is also available on the town website at www.TOH.LI.
Supervisor Murray Joins Noodles & Company Ribbon Cutting at Westbury Plaza
Hempstead Town Supervisor Kate Murray was on hand Wednesday morning as Noodles & Company opened its first New York location at the Gallery at Westbury Plaza.
The East Garden City restaurant features a globally inspired menu specializing in classic noodles and pasta dishes together under one roof to create a “Your World Kitchen.”