Here are the top five headlines for July 31.
- Lynbrook's LIRR History: Local politicians, historians and residents gathered at the Lynbrook train station Friday to dedicate two plaques that illustrate Lynbrook's history and connection to the LIRR. Find out more about them later today.
- West Nile Treatment: Trucks will be applying a pesticide aimed at killing adult mosquitos to areas of Malverne, Lynbrook, West Hempstead and Lakeview tonight, beginning at 7 p.m. Click for details and tips to reduce exposure.
- New Vacancy: Another business has closed down on Hempstead Turnpike. Find out what is the latest vacant commercial property in West Hempstead later this morning.
- Test Scores: You've seen how and students performed on the 2012 Math and ELA assessments. Find out how Lynbrook fared on the exams later today.
- Caption Contest: Want to win tickets to the Bronx Zoo? Try to come up with the wittiest caption for to enter our contest.