If you managed to get to bed before midnight (We envy you!) you'll want to catch-up on last night's election coverage. See who won in the Nassau County Legislature, Town of Hempstead and judicial races.
Also, learn about an important nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System that will take place this afternoon along with other top headlines for Nov. 9.
- Election Results: The incumbents prevailed in the local races for seats in the Nassau County Legislature and Hempstead Town government Tuesday. Legis. , of West Hempstead, secured a ninth term in Nassau's 8th District, who represents a portion of West Hempstead, won a second term in District 2, and held onto the 6th District, which includes Malverne. was also re-elected along with Councilmen in District 2, which includes West Hempstead, and in District 3, of which Malverne is part of. Also, retaining their positions in the Town of Hempstead is and . Look for judicial results later this morning.
- Emergency Alert Test: The Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first national test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System on all radio and TV stations today. The test will begin at 2 p.m. and will last approximately three minutes. For more information click here.
- Volleyball Finals: The Malverne varsity girls volleyball team lost the championship title to East Rockaway Tuesday night. Get the story and game photos today.
- Green Team Meets: The West Hempstead school district's environmentally-friendly will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the middle school cafeteria. All are welcomed to attend to learn more about this new organization and how to get involved.
- Art Auction: Check out photos from Friday's Art Auction in Malverne to benefit the local merchants association to see what special finds participants snatched up. They'll post this afternoon.