Here's the top five headlines for Sept. 10.
- Lynbrook Villlage Board: Two public hearings -- one pertaining to the dilapidated Feather Factory and another addressing the Holiday Inn's proposal to demolish three Lynbrook homes -- will be part of tonight's Lynbrook village board meeting. Look for the full agenda later this morning.
- 9/11 Ceremonies: Tuesday marks the 11th anniversary of the 9/11. The village of Lynbrook will be honoring those who lost their lives with a ceremony at 6 p.m. at the memorial located outside Village Hall. The West Hempstead Community Support Association will hold its tribute at at 7:30 p.m. And the village of Malverne will gather inside near its 9/11 memorial at 8 p.m. for their candlelight vigil.
- Crimes Nearby: Find out what crime stories made headlines in neighboring communities this week.
- State Champions: What did it take for the West Hempstead Fire Department's drill team to win the state championship last month? Hear from the Westerner's co-captain later today and check out some of the action shots from the team's victory.
- Malverne Village: Following the Malverne village board also held its September business meeting last Wednesday. Find out what was discussed later today.