Here are the top five headlines for Sept. 11.
- 9/11 Tributes: The communities of Malverne, Lynbrook and West Hempstead will gather tonight to remember the local men and women who perished in the terrorist attacks that took place 11 years ago today. Click for details about the memorial ceremonies and to see photos of a tribute created by the Malverne Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
- School Board: The West Hempstead Board of Education will hold its monthly business meeting at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the high school, where the trustees will need to appoint a new president in light of
- Holiday Inn Proposal: After months of listening to both sides of the debate regarding to replace three homes in the village with a parking lot, the Lynbrook village board made a decision on the matter Monday night. Find out how they ruled later today.
- Lakeview Blood Drive: Local firefighters and community members rolled up their sleeves Sunday and donated blood in honor of Ex-Lakeview Fire Chief Robert DeAngelis, who died while helping others escape from the World Trade Center on September 11th. Look for the story and photos later this morning.
- Camp Lourdes: This isn't your traditional summer camp. Find out later today what youngsters in Malverne learned during the two weeks they spent at Camp Lourdes last month.