Here are the top five headlines for Sept. 7.
- Home Improvements: Did you make improvements to your home without filing for the necessary permits? Well, in order to encourage residents to legalize these upgrades, the village of Malverne is proposing a one-time reconciliation program before it triples its fees. Find out what was said at Wednesday's public hearing on this subject later today.
- High School Football: Are you ready for some football? The high school teams for Malverne, West Hempstead and Lynbrook are ready for their return to the gridiron. See what games are coming up this weekend later today.
- OLP Carnival: The annual carnival continues tonight, running from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday, from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of the Lynbrook school, located on Merrick Road.
- Theatre Auditions: The group announced Thursday that it is holding auditions for its first show. Find out more later today.
- LIPA Savings: Click to find out why the Long Island Power Authority recently presented the village of Lynbrook with a big check.