Here are the top seven stories from the last seven days.
- UPDATE: Husband and Wife Found Dead in N. Lynbrook Home: Nassau County Police were called to investigate the deaths of a husband and wife after their bodies were discovered Thursday morning inside their North Lynbrook home.
- : Police are searching for the suspect who beat and robbed a 24-year-old woman on Hempstead Turnpike in West Hempstead Friday evening.
- West Hempstead Home Burglarized While Owner Slept: Police are investigating a burglary that occured inside a West Hempstead home while the female homeowner was sleeping. Click on the link for the story.
- Popular Morning Train Restored on West Hempstead Branch: Local state representatives announced this week that a popular westbound morning on the West Hempstead LIRR branch is coming back. Click on the headline to see which train it is and when it will be returning to the schedule.
- : During the Lynbrook Board of Education's January business meeting, the Strategic Planning Committee provided an update on its five-year plan for the district's facilities which included some "wish list" items added in response to two recent major events.
- Two More Women Arrested at West Hempstead Spa: One week after two employees of a West Hempstead day spa were arrested for unauthorized practice and prostitution, Nassau County Police arrested two more of the spa's female workers. Click on the headline above for the story.
- Malverne Working to Replace Trees Destroyed by Sandy: Click on this story to learn how village officials are working to restore Malverne's tree population, which took a major hit during Superstorm Sandy.
Do you have some local news you'd like to share? Post an announcement on Patch by clicking here.