- Malverne School Board Hires Firm to Investigate Complaints Against Trustee: The Malverne Board of Education appointed a law firm Tuesday to conduct an investigation of complaints made by staff members against Trustee Gina Genti. Click on the headline above for the initial story and then click on the following link to see what Genti told Patch this week:Malverne Trustee Criticizes BOE's Choice for 'Impartial Investigator'
- Teen Driver Charged in Fatal Parkway Crash That Killed 4 Friends: The unlicensed teenage driver from Queens who crashed his car on the Southern State Parkway in West Hempstead last month, killing four of his friends, now faces multiple felony charges. Click on the headline above for more details.
- Lynbrook Barber Shop Owner Falls From Roof [Update]: The owner of Eddie's Barber Shop in Lynbrook suffered a skull fracture and is listed in critical condition after falling off the roof of his store Friday. Click on the link for the story.
- Police: WH Man Pulls Shotgun on Friends at Dinner: A West Hempstead couple was arrested this week for allegedly stealing from their dinner guests and then threatening them with a shotgun. Click on the headline for the full story.
- Lynbrook Lays Out Options for Students Displaced by Sandy: After two weeks without school, Lynbrook students finally returned to class this week. Click on the headline to see how they are dealing with students that have been relocated out of and into the district due to Superstorm Sandy.
- : Most of the roughly 10,000 Long Island Power Authority customers who lost electricity during Superstorm Sandy finally had their power restored thanks to the hard work of several out-of-state crews. Click on the link above to see what residents had to say about these workers.
- Rockville Centre Man Arrested for West Hempstead Bank Robbery: Police nabbed the man allegedly responsible for robbing the Bank of America branch in West Hempstead this week. Click on the link above for the story.
- Malverne Honors Veterans [Photos]; Curran Adds Late Malverne Veteran to Hall of Honor and Click on the preceding links to read about how local veterans were celebrated this past week for Veterans Day.
- : Because of Superstorm Sandy, some local school districts have extended the deadline for residents to pay their taxes. Click on the link above to learn about the new date.
Never miss a big local story. Get Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch news delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.