We have some tips on how to stay cool on this scorching weekend.
- Go to the Movies: Despicable Me 2 headlines the top movies playing this weekend. For a full list of movies, pricing and times, click this link.
- Grab Something Cool to Eat: There's no shortage of food places to go for a refreshing snack in town. To check out some ice cream and candy stores, click here.
- Head to the Library: Stay out of the heat and see what programs are available at your local library. For the Malverne Library calendar of events, click here. For West Hempstead, click here. For Lynbrook, click here.
- The Beaches: While Jones and Long Beach Beaches are nearby, there are several others on Long Island if you want to remain in your air conditioned vehicle for a longer drive.
- Jump in the Pool: Head on down to one of many parks in the area and enjoy the refreshing pool. The hours of operation for Echo Park will be from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Rath Park will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Lynbrook Pool is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.