The month-long series of activities are being done in conjunction with National EMS Week (May 19-25), a nation-wide effort in which EMS personnel publicize safety and first aid while honoring the around-the-clock dedication of those providing day-to-day lifesaving services in communities across the nation.
Anyone 18 years of age and up is eligible to join the Malverne Volunteer Ambulance Corps in different capacities:
- As a CFR, EMT or AEMT: Training will be provided FREE.
- As an Ambulance Driver: Training will be provided FREE.
- As a Support Member: Any candidate interested in helping in any capacity, such as, setting up for meetings, participating in community events and assisting with fundraising activities.
Anyone interested in joining the Malverne Volunteer Ambulance Corps should contact our headquarters:
- By Phone: 516-341-7353 Extension 0
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Website: www.malvernevac.com
"And while all members are not paid, they do receive other types of compensation after a certain number of years through tax breaks, pensions, and discounted events and services throughout Nassau County," he added. "We encourage all in our community who are interested to come to us with their questions.”
Community groups interested in having the Malverne Volunteer Ambulance Corps teach a CPR course, providing first aid classes or donating to the Malverne Volunteer Ambulance Corps, please contact President Joe Karam.