As the end of the year draws near, we're highlighting some of the best Patch stories that ran in 2013. If you have suggestions for tomorrow’s story, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With 900 websites across the United States, Patch reports on a lot of weird happenings. Here’s our roundup of 7 of the strangest stories to come out of 2013.
1) 'Fart Spray,' Deer Repellant Draw Hazmat Team To Camp Wo-Me-To: Of course a product labeled "Liquid Ass" would create havoc. But the fart spray mixed with deer repellant caused more than a dozen unhappy campers to suffer from eye and respiratory irritation.
2) Family Finds Black Widow in Bag of Grapes: When a family bought a bunch of grapes at their local supermarket, they had no idea the bag contained a lethal spider. Watch a video of the family describing their poisonous purchase at the top of this article.
3) Suspicious Package Blown Up by Bomb Squad Robot During Art Festival Revealed to Be Piece of Art: "I am glad no one was killed, and having my art and poetry eviscerated by a bomb-destroying robot is the thing I realized I never knew I always wanted," the artist wrote.
4) Report: Couple Caught Having Sex in Waffle House Parking Lot: This story is all in the details. Not those details! Specifics like the fact that "when the female finally got dressed, she attempted to put a cheeseburger on her foot as if it were a sandal."
5) Diaper Fetishist Strikes Again: A man allegedly pretended to have a brain injury in order to trick new caregivers into changing his soiled diaper -- just a few months after being sentenced for a similar crime.
6) 85-Year-Old Charged After Gunfire, Argument Over $1: It’s not the argument that 85-year-old man regrets, it’s his accuracy. While being booked in the police department, he spoke loudly to himself, "I shoulda shot him, but I missed."
7) Runner Knocked Out by 'Flying' Deer: 'I'm Surprised I Made it Out Alive': An SUV ran into a deer and sent the creature flying towards an unexpected runner. "It’s hard to know where to start," she said. "Maybe, 'I was out for a run one day . . . ' No, actually I probably have to start with, 'This really strange thing happened to me once.'"
What is the strangest Patch story you remember from 2013? Tell us in the comments or in a blog post.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something