Click the links below for a look at what's happening around the local area:
Paul Reiser at Governor's Comedy Club
- Stand-up comedian, actor and writer Paul Reiser re-emerges on the comedy scene with his quick wit and comedic talent. Comedy patrons across the country are in for a real treat when Reiser hits the stage and unleashes his hilarious insights about the absurdities of modern life.
- Huey Lewis and the News will be performing at Eisenhower Park’s Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre on Saturday, Nassau County executive Ed Mangano announced.
- The Lynbrook Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring an outdoor concert at Greis Park in Lynbrook on Friday, Aug. 16 at 7:30 p.m. The band is 45 RPM and was voted LI's best cover band for 2013 by the Long Island Press!
- Join Temple Emanu-El of Long Beach for our second Shabbat By the Shore. On Aug. 2, more than 60 people attended our service on the beach. This is a spiritual, joyous, musical service that is perfect for all ages.
- An all day music festival celebrating Baldwin's own...music, food and family fun! Baldwin4Children working with the Baldwin Foundation for Education raising funds to restore lost programs in our schools.
- The Wantagh Memorial Congregational Church presents "OZ, the Great and Powerful" as part of the church's 125th anniversary celebration. Bring your family friends, chairs and blankets too.
- Take out Alzheimer’s Disease with that “Winner Shot.” On Friday, Aug. 16, Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center, Inc. will host its second annual Berts Tennis Fundraiser, which will be held at SPORTIME on 175 Merrick Rd. in Lynbrook from 7-10 p.m.
- The West Hempstead Community Support & Civic Association will be hosting a FREE FAMILY outdoor movie night on Saturday, Aug. 17 at the Echo Park Baseball field starting around dusk. (8:30 p.m.)
- Wantagh's own John Consoli hosts a night of hilarity at Johnny Malones. John has been on the road all summer, performing at such venues as the Laugh In in FLA, The Cape May Comedy Festival and The Armory in Janesville, WI.
- New York’s Premier Classic Rock/Party Band covers such performers as ZZ Top, Buddy Holly, Creedence, Chuck Berry, KISS, The Stones, Steve Miller, The Beatles, Tom Petty, as well as originals – brought to you in partnership with the Seaford Wellness Council.
- Long Beach's very own Zombie Walk & Pub Crawl! Fourth year and counting, this zombie walk is a flashmob style event that kicks off at Kennedy Plaza at 5:30 p.m.
- This summer, the Lynbrook Pool will be holding its 4th Swim Across America event. Swim Across America raises funds to help find a cure for cancer.