Trinity Lutheran Church
Drag box to select area
When a group of Norwegian families moved out of Brooklyn and settled on Long Island in the 1920s, they established two Lutheran churches, one in Baldwin and another in West Hempstead, which they called the Trinity Lutheran Church. In the decades that followed, Trinity's congregation changed dramatically to become larger and more diverse, especially after the post-war baby boom. During that time the church's Sunday School enrolled 400 students. Today, the church has 50 parishioners, which include people from several nationalities. The church belongs to the American Association of Lutheran Churches and has a fellowship with the Lutheran Church Missouri Senate. Regular services are held on Sundays along with the church's Sunday School program. Parishioners can also attend bi-weekly Bible study groups and participate in the women's group, youth group and confirmation program.
260 Chestnut St, West Hempstead, NY 11552
- Fax: 516-489-1113
- Hours: Sunday service at 10am, Sunday School at 10:30am
- Accessible: no