Adjacent to West Hempstead High School, the middle school provides public education for students throughout the district in grades six through eight. The district constructed the middle school in 1956, three years after opening the high school. A bridge connects the two buildings, which are both located on a plot of land that originally served as a farm. The farmhouse still exists near the property today. More than 450 students fill the school's classrooms each year and participate in a wide range of after-school activities, sports teams and clubs.