The Nonprofit Organization for Pet Sitters Now Offers an Exclusive Membership for Pet Parents
The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS), the only national nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the needs of professional pet sitters has launched a one-of-a-kind membership—created specifically for pet parents.
In honor of National Pet Parent Day, celebrated annually in April, NAPPS announced that it would soon be offering a membership for pet lovers outside of the pet sitting industry. The new pet parent membership features several benefits, designed specifically with the pet parent in mind.
“Through the pet parent membership, NAPPS is offering educational opportunities and several special deals and discounts, specifically for pet parents” said Sherry L. Suhosky, president of NAPPS.
As the first organization in the pet sitting industry to embrace pet parents and welcome them into their association, NAPPS has created three membership levels to fit the pet parents’ needs:
- Charter Membership ($15.00) available April, 2013 - October, 2013 – Members will be able to receive this low rate membership rate as long as the membership is renewed on time.
- Basic Membership ($25.00)
- Gift Membership ($10.00) – Members are able to give memberships as gifts to clients, friends, family, etc.
Along with these memberships, exclusive benefits are offered:
- Access to online library of informative articles for caring for a wide range of animals from dogs and cats to birds, reptiles, hamsters and guinea pigs
- Access to FREE quarterly Pet Parent Teleconference with special guest speakers to discuss informative pet-related topics
- Copy of quarterly E-Newsletter, coupons, discounts and more
“The Pet Parent membership is perfect for anyone wishing to enhance or enrich their pet care knowledge on a wide variety of topics,” added Suhosky.
Educational opportunities will include topics such as:
· Animal nutrition and exercise
· Selecting a pet
· Caring for senior pets
· Caring for puppies/kittens
· Disaster preparedness/emergency planning
For additional information, please visit www.petsitters.org.
About NAPPS: NAPPS is the only national non-profit trade association dedicated to serving the needs of professional pet sitters. The Association aims to help the pet owning public, those interested in pet sitting, and professionals engaged in the in-home pet care industry by fulfilling its vision statement, serving as “the most respected authority in professional pet sitting.” It does so by providing the tools and support to foster the success of its members. Additionally, pet parents can benefit from NAPPS’ free resources including a disaster preparedness guide, tips on how to select a pet sitter, and a nationwide referral service,. To find a pet sitter in your area, check out NAPPS’ nationwide “Pet Sitter Locator” at www.petsitters.org. For more information on NAPPS, please follow @TheNAPPS on Twitter or join us on Facebook at facebook.com/TheNAPPS.