Here are the top five headlines for Jan. 25.
- State Aid: Gov. Andrew Cuomo revealed his proposed state budget this week and although overall education aid was increased, the West Hempstead School District saw their funding significantly reduced. Click here to find out how much each local school district is slated to receive under the plan.
- Catholic Schools Week: This weekend kicks of Catholic Schools Week. Find out what activities Our Lady of Peace, Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Thomas the Apostle have planned later today.
- Yoga & Tea: When one door closes, another one opens. Find out this afternoon why this yoga studio on Atlantic Avenue is closing its doors and where owner/instructor Jodie Kallas will soon be teaching instead.
- Home Sales: Coming up this morning, we'll take a look at recent home sales in Lynbrook, Malverne and West Hempstead.
- Stamp Increase: The price of stamps is set to rise next week. Click here to see what you can do to avoid paying more for postage.
Follow Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch on Facebook.