Here are the top five headlines for Nov. 16.
- Fly with the Owls: Lynbrook's annual Fly with the Owls 4-Mile Run/Walk is this Saturday. Although online registration is closed, you can still sign-up for the Nov. 17 race today, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lynbrook Runner's Stop, or on Saturday, from 6:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. at Lynbrook North Middle School. The cost is $23.
- Gas Rationing: The odd-even gas rationing rule has been lifted, effective midnight. Click here for the story.
- School Adoptions: School across the country are "adopting" schools in New York that have been devastated by Superstorm Sandy through a group created by four Lynbrook parents. If you know of a district that wants to help or one in need, click here.
- Football Playoffs: The West Hempstead Rams varsity football team is headed to the Nassau County Conference IV semifinals this Saturday night, where they will face a tough rival, Roosevelt. Click here for details.
- Dairy Barn Memories: Two days before Superstorm Sandy hit, Lynbrook said goodbye to one of its long-time establishments, the Dairy Barn at the "Little Five Corners." See what current and former employees had to say when they gathered at the store one last time. Look for the story later today.