Our Lady of Lourdes (OLL) and the Malerne Civic Association have teamed up for the fourth Annual Souper Scavenger Hunt, set to take place April 6 between 12-3 p.m.
Nine teams in last year's scavenger hunt helped collect more than 800 pounds of of non-perishable food.
Teams of people -- usually children with adults -- will go door to door around Malverne and collect food for the OLL Food Pantry. Each team is given a territory in hopes of covering all of Malverne.
There are prizes for the teams that collect the most. If you are a coach, boy/girl scout leader or class parent, please consider doing this as a team building service project.
Participants can also do it as a family or with a group of friends/neighbors.
A rain date is scheduled for April 7.
Any questions should be directed to Linda at 516-241-1896.
- All teams will check in at OLL Church Hall between 12 and 1 p.m. to get instructions, materials and assigned territory.
- Teams will set out by car or by foot to collect any non-perishable food items throughout the town of Malverne.
- Teams will be due back two hours after departure from Church (no later than 3 p.m.) and bring all items to the parish food pantry on Sheehy Place.
- Teams will receive a point for each pound of goods collected plus bonus points for highly needed items such as tuna fish, peanut butter, jelly and canned fruit.
- Prizes will be awarded to the teams earning the most points!
If you are unable to join a team you may participate by leaving a bag of non-perishable foods on your stoop during these hours
Prior registration is needed -- all teams must check-in before hunt.