Here are some of the most interesting blogs from the past week:
- Long Beach Boardwalk FEMA Hurdles: As we reach the 100 day milestone for the Long Beach Boardwalk construction, there are still a number of unanswered questions concerning the payment of the 44.2 million dollar contract to Grace Industries.
- Limit Identity Theft by Keeping a Low Profile: Before you throw out any financial records such as credit or debit card receipts and statements, cancelled checks, or even offers for credit you receive in the mail, shred the documents, preferably with a cross-cut shredder.
- Water Safety Tips: Most of us picture “drowning” as someone flailing in the water while crying out for help, so we believe that we will hear a struggle and act in time to avoid a disaster.
- Get Free Tax Help Using IRS Social Media Tools: You can get free tax help from the Internal Revenue Service through various forms of social media. Here are some ways the IRS uses social media to share information on tax law changes, programs and services.
- Changing The Image of The Disabled: Last year I was looking at the internet and saw American Eagle Contest Live Your Life - hey I live my Life so I entered.
- 10 Years Without Second-Hand Smoke: New York State enacted the Clean Indoor Air Act 10 years ago today to protect workers from secondhand smoke and help reduce smoking rates.
- We Need More Women and Less Weiners: I’ve been thinking about writing an article about the absolute chutzpah politicians like Anthony Weiner and Eliot Spitzer have portrayed.
- From Au Pair to Master's Degree: A couple of weeks ago I shared a story about an amazing adult student (Missy's Story) who found strength in going back to college.