If you still haven't picked up a special something for your special someone for Valentine's Day, don't worry. You still have some time and you don't have to go far to snag these sweet gifts.
Head over the these shops in Malverne, Lynbrook and West Hempstead.
Jewelry and Collectibles
"Jewelry lasts forever," says Barry Siegel, owner of Fascinations in Fine Jewelry.
- Fascinations, which is located on Hempstead Avenue in Malverne, has an extensive collection of earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings in gold and the more affordable silver.
- China Connection in West Hempstead has a sparkly collection of Swarovski crystal jewelry, which includes some great heart necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings and even keyrings - some for less than $100. The store, located on Hempstead Avenue, also has heart-shaped Lennox frames, and various figurines and other collectibles by Disney, Iladro, Lennox and Swarovski that the lady in your life will love.
- The Lyn Gift Shop on Atlantic Avenue in Lynbrook has necklaces, Valentine's Day bears, bracelets, collectible figurines and much more.
- Also, check out Lavalier, and Zaraz Collection NY, which are all located in Lynbrook. They have vast collections of fine jewelry and affordable trendy pieces.
Surprising your loved one with her favorite flowers will instantly make her swoon. If you get your order in by Thursday afternoon, you may still be able to have them delivered on Valentine's Day or you can atleast arrange to pick up a bouquet on your way home form work.
- Country Arts in Flowers in West Hempstead has a wide selection of flowers including the most popular one for Valentine's Day, roses. They come in a range of colors. (Yellow and sometimes, pink, is for friendship, red symbolizes romantic love, and white is "pure love.") Country Arts also is selling bags of rose petals that you can scatter around your home to set the mood.
- Malverne Floral Designs is also known for its beautiful floral arrangements and great customer service. The shop also has a nice selection of stuffed animals, balloons and other gifts.
- Flowers by Freyhammer on Hempstead Avenue in Lynbrook also has plenty of roses in stock as well as tulips and other beautiful flowers. They also sell stuffed animals.
- Westminster Nursery and Garden Center in West Hempstead can also put together a basket or bouquet for your sweetheart using roses, tulips and other mixed flowers.
- Also check out C & J Flower Shoppe on Hempstead Avenue in West Hempstead for floral bouquets and baskets, and hand-crafted gifts.
- Want to support a cause while pleasing your Valentine? The Malverne Volunteer Ambulance Corps is selling roses and carnations today at their headquarters on Hempstead Avenue to raise money for their life-saving organization.
- You can also pick up a pre-made bouquet of flowers at National Wholesale Liquidators and Stop & Shop in West Hempstead, and Cross Island Fruits in Lynbrook.
Chocolate and other Sweet Treats
Who can resist a box of chocolate, conversation hearts or other candy?
- You'll find boxes of Godiva and Russell Stover chocolates at most local card stores including the Lyn Gift Shop on Atlantic Avenue in Lynbrook, which also carries a wide selection of cards and other gifts, and the Village Card Shop on Hempstead Avenue in Malverne, also sells cards, stuffed animals and balloons.
- Supermarkets including Stop & Shop in West Hempstead, pharmacies such as Nordon Drugs in Malverne, and CVS stores in West Hempstead and Lynbrook will also be stocked with candy for Valentine's Day.
- If you're looking for gourmet chocolate, Riesterer's Bakery in West Hempstead has handmade chocolate lollipops, hand-dipped strawberries and other treats.
- Riesterer's, Malverne Bakery, Prosperi Bakery, Sweet Peace on Atlantic Avenue in Lynbrook and Jeanie's Bakery on Main Street in East Rockaway also have some great cakes, cupcakes and cookies for you to cap off a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.
- For a good bottle of wine, head to the Wine and Spirit Shoppe and Broadway Liquor & Wine in Lynbrook, End of The Vine in Malverne, Figaro's Wine & Liquor in West Hempstead or Goldy's in East Rockaway.
- For the special sports fanatic in your life, head over to Card Shack in Lynbrook for great deals on autographed merchandise.
- If you're Valentine is more into smelling sweet than indulging in sweet treats, you can purchase a bottle of perfume or cologne at a great price at National Wholesale Liquidators in West Hempstead. Everytime they spritz it on they'll think of you.
Dinner and Movie
- Enjoy a romantic dinner with your sweetheart by making a reservation at Pompei in West Hempstead, Il Villagio in Malverne, Il Luogo in Lynbrook or one of the other fine dining establishments in the neighborhood.
- Pearsall's, Angelina's, McQuade's, the Brick, Swiss Tavern, Mary MacNamara's and So Far So Good in Lynbrook, Venus Restaurant in West Hempstead and Connolly Station in Malverne are also solid choices.
- Why not also catch a flick at the Malverne Cinema or Lynbrook United Artists Theatre after dinner? The Oscar-nominated film, "Silver Linings Playbook," is playing in Malverne and Lynbrook has the new suspense thriller "Side Effects."
How will you be spending this Valentine's Day? Tell us your plans in the comments section below.