It's shaping up to be a busy week as the Malverne village board meets tonight, where an big announcement is expected to be made, and the Long Island International Film Expo kicks off tomorrow.
Plus, we have coverage of a recent benefit for the family of the late Jim Callahan, a surprise visit from Long Island's favorite American Idol and more.
- Village Board: The board of trustees for the village of Malverne will hold their regular monthly meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. An announcement is expected regarding who will be appointed to the vacant trustee seat.
- American Idol: Local American Idol contestant Robbie Rosen paid a surprised visit to students at Howard T. Herber Middle School before they departed for their summer vacation, performing with them hit songs by Katy Perry and John Mayer. Check out the video and photos today.
- Callahan Benefit: A fundraiser was held on June 29 to support the family of deceased Malverne deputy mayor James Callahan. Many friends, relatives, neighbors, local politicians and colleagues who worked alongside the Nassau County Emergency Management Commissioner attended to raise funds for his four children's education. See the story and photos here.
- Film Festival: The Long Island International Film Expo kicks off July 7 at Bellmore Movies, one of the two cinemas owned by Malverne Merchants President Henry Stampfel. Patch spoke to Stampfel about the festival's Malverne roots and the stars that are expected to turn out this year. Get the story later today.
- SOLD! We know you're curious to see what homes in Malverne and West Hempstead have sold for in recent months. Find out this afternoon.