It's almost time to throw on some Kelly Green, dig into some corned beef and cabbgage and celebrate the luck of the Irish.
St. Paddy's Day is Saturday and we're looking to find the best place to celebrate in Malverne and West Hempstead. Read on to learn more.
- Reader's Choice: We'll be holding a contest this week to see what local business our readers think is the best place to spend St. Patrick's Day. Check out the nominees and use the comment section to let us know if we left out a great local spot. Voting will start Wednesday.
- Reflections: The West Hempstead PTA and PTSA will host their annual Reflections Ceremony tonight at 7 p.m. in the middle school to celebrate the talents and accomplishments of the student boy. Look for coverage later this week on Patch.
- Softball Star: West Hempstead High School alum Kristyn Sandberg was selected as the fifth overall pick in last week's National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) draft. Read more .
- Car Crashes: It was a busy weekend for local firefighters, police, EMS and utility crews, who responded to accidents on , and
- NFL Comes to Malverne: NY Jets' left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson stopped by Malverne High School last week to take part in a celebration of Black History Month. Check out the story and photos later today.