Tonight is the night that friends, families and survivors will come together at Malverne High School to celebrate life, remember those who have lost their battles with cancer and fight back.
Learn how you can be a part of tonight's Relay for Life. Plus, read about a time change for one local Memorial Day Parade, where to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and what Malverne-West Hempstead restaurant has the best Mother's Day Brunch.
Here are the top five headlines for May 4.
- Relay for Life: Come join the more than 200 local residents who will be walking laps at tonight to raise money in the fight against cancer and honor all those who have fought this battle. A dinner for cancer survivors will take place at 5:30 p.m. followed by the walk at 7 p.m. at the track (or inside the gym if weather is poor.) fore details.
- Memorial Day Parade: There will be a time change this year for the Malverne Memorial Day Parade. Learn more here.
- Best Brunch: You have until 9 a.m. this morning for your favorite place to enjoy Mother's Day Brunch in Malverne-West Hempstead. We'll be announcing a winner later today.
- Cinco de Mayo: Make the most of Cinco de Mayo by celebrating at one of five local Mexican restaurants in the area. Learn about these places and how they'll be making May 5 extra special later this morning.
- Diaper Cakes: Later today, see how a group of students recently helped struggling mothers care for their babies.