Whether it's a, there have been a number of Go Fund Me campaigns started to raise money for those in need.
Here's a look at some featured stories throughout Long Island:
- Family of Teen Killed in Medford Crowdfunds for Funeral: The family of Taleik Bristel, the 19-year-old from Patchogue fatally shot on Christmas Day in Medford, is taking to GoFundMe to fundraise funeral expenses.
- Light Display Brightens Spirits, Helps Raise Money for Charity: Two Port Washington parents are dedicating a residential Christmas light display to a foundation set up to honor their daughter who died this year after suffering from an eating disorder.
- Support a Long Island Veteran Cause — Family & Children's: Veteran's Day is November 11. If you want to help an organization that helps veterans in Long Island, one option is Family & Children's of Mineola.
- Danielle's Treatment Fund: Danielle Martinez a 17 year old currently battling Lyme Disease. I've been sick for over one year, and started treatment recently. Lyme disease is the fastest growing Infectious Disease in the US.
- Sal Pugliese Jr. Perthes Disease Fund: This fund is to help pay medical expenses for a 9-year-old sports fan suffering from a debilitating disease. Salvatore Jr. was diagnosed with Perthes Disease on Aug. 2.
- Passion Project — Haiti 2014: Later this month, Kate Meyer will be heading to Haiti with 19 other photographers to embark on her "Passion Project". She said it's time to give back and this is an opportunity for her to use her gifts to help other people.