Here are the top five headlines for Sept. 6.
- Interim Superintendent: The Lynbrook Board of Education appointed an interim superintendent Wednesday night to lead the district in light of the of its beloved schools chief, Dr. Santo Barbarino. Click to see who they selected.
- Local Law Amended: The Malverne village board held a public hearing last night, where they adopted an amendment to a local law pertaining to real estate signage. Learn more later today.
- Crime Watch: Find out what crimes were reported this week in West Hempstead, Lakeview, North Lynbrook and the rest of the Fifth Precinct. Look for the blotter later this morning.
- OLP Carnival: The annual carnival begins tonight. It will run from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday, from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of the Lynbrook school, located on Merrick Road.
- Free Soccer Clinics: The West Hempstead Chiefs Soccer Club will be hosting free clinics this Saturday for boys and girls, ages 4 to 12, along with registration for their fall and spring teams. Click for details.
Stay connected to what's happening in your community| Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.