The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook Police Department.
- At 1 p.m. on Aug. 20, a Michaels Electric Supply complainant said someone forged a check from the company for the amount of $19,805 without permission.
- At 3:30 p.m. on Aug. 27, a woman said someone in her car tried to break into her center console and caused $100 in damage. They were parked in Philips Plaza at the time.
- At 4:10 p.m. on Aug. 19, a manager from Crown Ford said three catalytic convertors, valued at $1,575 each, were stolen from cars parked at the Sunrise Highway dealership.
- At 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 20, an Avis associate said three catalytic convertors, whose value totaled $3,000, were stolen from cars at the Sunrise Highway site.
- At 11:20 a.m. on Aug. 21, a woman said someone used her credit card in Bayshore without her permission.
- At 5 p.m. on Aug. 22, a Second Street resident said she was offered a job she found on the Internet that required her to cash checks received through the mail and send checks out to people in different states. When the first checks were cashed on the victims' account were returned unpaid, the victim owed the bank $5,000.
- At 8:05 p.m. on Aug. 26, an AT&T employee said a Galaxy S4 smartphone valued at $740 was stolen by an unknown thief.