- Lynbrook Man Charged With Rape in Violent Hempstead Home Invasion: Wiseallah Hightower-Castro, 24, of Lynbrook, was arrested in early January and charged with rape after a violent home invasion and robbery in Hempstead.
- : A West Hempstead man was arrested for beating a fellow resident to death outside the National Wholesale Liquidators store on Hempstead Turnpike.
- West Hempstead Man Arrested for Alleged Sex Acts With Child: A 42-year-old West Hempstead man was charged with having sex with a 13-year-old boy inside his car in Suffolk County.
- : A machine gun was one of the weapons used in this armed robbery in West Hempstead.
- Teen Driver Charged in Fatal Parkway Crash That Killed 4 Friends: A Queens teen who was driving with only a learner's permit and marijuana in his system was charged with killing his four passengers after his car crashed on the Southern State Parkway in West Hempstead.
- Lynbrook Man Charged With Second Degree Rape: Police arrested a Lynbrook man in January and charged him with second degree rape after they say he lured a 13-year-old girl to his home after meeting her on Facebook.
- UPDATE: Alleged Carjacker Charged with Attempted Murder: A Lynbrook man was charged with attempted murder and robbery in a carjacking that took place outside Houston's restaurant at Roosevelt Field Mall.
- 2 Arrested for Attempted Murder in Lakeview: Two Hempstead men were arrested in late August for the attempted murder of 29-year-old victim who was walking in Lakeview.
- Bay Shore Woman Sentenced to Probation in Student Sex Case: Tara Driscoll, 33, pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct after she admitted to having sexual relations with a 16-year-old male student at the Capri Motel in Lynbrook.
- Suspect Arrested for Robbing Women at Local Hotels: Cops arrested the man responsible for robbing multiple women at gunpoint at hotels across Long Island including one staying at the Lynbrook Holiday Inn.
- Man Arrested in West Hempstead for Torching Apartment Building: A 49-year-old man was arrested in April at the Capri Motor Inn in West Hempstead after allegedly torching an apartment building in Hempstead.
- Cops Arrest Hempstead Man for Knifepoint Robberies: Nassau County Police arrested a Hempstead man who they say is responsible for a series of knifepoint robberies including one committed at a West Hempstead 7-Eleven.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something