Although more than 3,000 Malverne residents were still without power as of Saturday afternoon, according to LIPA, progress has been made to restore the village, local officials said.
The village released the following message Saturday to update residents on the recovery efforts:
- A variety of crews continue to work throughout the village – please drive carefully.
- Downed wires can be hazardous – don’t walk near power lines.
LIPA POWER REPAIR
- Malverne DPW has cleared the areas around electric lines to allow work on the power grid by LIPA
- Electricity has already been restored to some residents
- On Saturday there will be many power crews working throughout the village
- Delivery of poles and transformers have begun, and deliveries are ongoing to facilitate the necessary work
PUBLIC CHARGING STATIONS
- To accommodate those who need to charge phones, laptops, etc., the Malverne Public Library will be open this Sunday. The weekend hours are:
- Saturday (11/3) 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday (11/4) noon - 4 p.m.
- Call 911 only to report an emergency
- For fire or other hazardous condition call 742-3300
- For police assistance call Malverne Police at 599-3141
- The phone system at Village Hall was knocked out by the storm, but regular services are available weekdays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.